What Should I Bring to Camp?
Here is a list of all the items you should bring for a week-long summer camp.
*Schedule subject to change without notice
Camp RulesRespect for Property and Staff
- Listen to and follow the requests and directions of staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal area during your stay.
- Abide by facility safety, upkeep, and use guidelines as defined by the Woodlands Foundation, Inc.
- Report any broken or unsafe items/equipment to appropriate staff.
- Participants are discouraged from bringing personal items or property of significant value (laptops, video cameras, digital cameras, iPods, video games, cell phones, money, etc.).
- The Woodlands and its staff will not be responsible for loss or damage to such property.
- Participants are not to use other participant/staff personal items or equipment.
- Follow self-care routines as prescribed.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Participant will ensure personal hygiene is attended to daily with assistance of staff when necessary.
- Perform assigned duties as requested and scheduled (ex. ADLs)
- Smoking is not permitted in any buildings of the Woodlands. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas specified by Camp Leadership. Use of tobacco products by minors will not be permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs are not permitted at the Woodlands.
- Possession/use of weapons is not permitted on the grounds of the Woodlands. Report any such incidents to Leadership staff.
- Participants in wheelchairs should have their seatbelts fastened unless in the
- Treat others in a respectful manner. This includes respect for another's personal space, feelings, and belongings. Participants are expected to speak and act in a non-threatening and non-vulgar manner with staff and other participants.
- Any incident that jeopardizes the health, safety, or welfare of another participant or staff member will not be tolerated. Such incidents should be reported immediately to Camp Leadership Staff.
Sample Retreat Schedule
5:30 - 7:00 p.m. Check-in
7:00 - 7:45 Dinner
7:45 - 9:30 Evening Activity
9:30 - 10:00 Nighttime Routines
10:00 p.m. Lights Out
7:30 a.m. Staff Wake-up
8:00 Camper Wake-up
8:30 Breakfast Set-up
8:45 - 9:15 Breakfast
9:30 - 10:15 Activity 1
10:30 - 11:15 Activity 2
11:30 - 12:15 Activity 3
12:15 - 12:30 p.m. PCB
12:30 - 1:15 Lunch
1:15 Get Ready for Swimming
1:30 - 3:00 Swimming
3:30 - 4:15 Activity 1
4:15 - 5:00 Activity 2
5:00 - 5:45 Activity 3
5:45 Dinner Set-up
6:00 - 6:45 Dinner
7:00 Evening Activity
9:30 Head to the units to get ready for bed
10:00 Nighttime Routines/Hang Time
10:30 p.m. Lights Out
8:00 a.m. Staff Wake-up
8:30 Camper Wake-up
9:00 Breakfast Set-up
9:15 - 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 Pack-up belongings
11:00 - 12:00 Check-out